10/13/13
Reason to be Healthy
I don’t want to die a meaningless and senseless death.
Death has been a subject of constant reflection since I learned to commute a fraction of my way to school this semester. Walking along Pedro Gil, I often find myself asking: shall I get stabbed tonight after getting robbed? Would I get hit by a reckless vehicle while crossing Taft? Raped and murdered, perhaps?
I remember a college friend’s fb status, a few years back, on a news report on the rape and murder of a UP student: "What a waste of life." And I wonder, would it really be a waste to die that way?
I figure there is only one condition wherein it won't be. I pray that if I were to die in such a manner, my death leads someone, especially my killer, to Christ.
I've never been concerned with longevity before, nor that thing called health, despite choosing a related field. Watching Nat Geo this afternoon, however, persuaded me to start caring about it. What I got is that there are so many ridiculous little decisions people make daily, the accumulation of which eventually impact negatively. I don't want to join their statistics. That's not how I want to die.
Reflections on Nat Geo's Brain Games: You Decide and The Numbers Game: When Will You Die and 9/28/2013 John 1:19-34 Clingy BS
Labels:
Christianity,
Medicine,
Ontogeny
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment